- I am a qualified counsellor and psychotherapist. I am a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP).
- I practice using the ethical framework of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). This means clients can place trust in me as their practitioner, when working with their wellbeing and sensitive personal information.
- I have experience in working with clients with a range of issues from depression, sexual identity issues, anxiety, trauma and bereavement.
- In addition, I am a member of the British Psychological Society (BPS) and have worked for many years in psychology related academic research.
- I have specialist expertise in understanding the issues of well-being for post graduate students and university researchers.
- I have significant experience of working with young adults and their issues particularly in relation to life transitions.
In addition to my therapy work I also lecture in psychology and counselling.
I can help you explore and untangle thoughts and experiences. This can help you move forward with your life.
- My integrative approach draws particularly upon humanistic and existential therapy. I use a range of skills to adapt to the issue of concern to you. We cannot change the past events in our lives but we can choose how we think about them and how they affect our life at present.
- I offer a warm, supportive confidential service for individuals. I work with you, to explore the best way forward.
- I will work at your pace. How much you wish to say is your choice.